Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Location: Windsor Great Park

A magnificent Jacobean style mansion set in 22 secluded acres on the border of Windsor Great Park, Savill Court makes an impressive venue for a business event and is just 35 minutes from central London

Fine food is a speciality at Savill Court. When it comes to banqueting, the staff at Savill Court will offer delectable menus for key occasions and addling style and flavour to any high profile event.

A £12 million refurbishment programme has transformed Savill Court's interior into a supremely elegant setting. The location could hardly be more picturesque, or the building more exceptional. It appeals to leisure and business guests in equal measure. Step inside and experience superb Macdonald's standards of comfort and convenience.

For more information about the hotel please visit their web site

Savill Court Hotel & Spa Photo

History

The first tangible evidence of the house that has become Savill Court is on the maps dated from 1815-1817. This was originally Common Land on what was known as Hurst Heath. The Land was once part of Chertsey Abbey Estate and later became Crown Land. The First house was a Straight Section with wings projecting at either end.

The next map, dated 1896, shows the house extended as a villa and pleasure grounds and included stables, yard buildings, gardeners cottages etc. The house was first owned by a widow called Hannah Knowles. Then by a Reverend, and later by a colonel.

The House was called Heath Lodge and was actually quite small. It is believed to have been extended in the 1870's but the most dramatic change took place when Baron Schroder bought the house in 1910 to accommodate his family and to extend his inheritance. He also bought a house called The Dell. This is a few yards from the entrance gates of Savill Court. The land that belonged to the Dell makes up the estate here. Baron Schroder extended the house and made it rectangular with an inner courtyard. He Created 50 Bedrooms, a billiard room, drawing room, a hall of pictures and servant quarters.

During the Second World War the house was used as a service hospital. After the war Baron Schroder lived in London, whilst Marga Schroder stayed at the house with a cook, butler and housekeeper. When Marga Died in 1977 the butler lived alone in the house for three and a half years until it was sold in 1980 to the company originally behind Savill Court, Country Town Hotels, for £850,00.00. it was rather run down and uncared for but work soon started on conversion from an English country house to the place it is today.

Click on a photo below to see the full size image

Just came home from a great murder mystery weekend. The plot was fantastic and all the actors were great and really nice people too. Thanks guys, its our third one and we always have a blast. You will see us again soon.
Had a fabulous murder mystery weekend in August in Egham. All the actors and actresses played their parts to perfection and the food was also of a very high standard. Many thanks indeed and keep doing what you're doing. Will do another one for sure.
Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our first (but certainly not last!) Murder Mystery... We had such a great time I am organising 8 of us to go to one, in our area this time, in October! The hotel being first class, and the food excellent all added to the overal enjoyment. The actors were all very good and made it great fun to try and unravel who 'done it'. To have 'dead bodies' to inspect was a hoot... First class entertainment all round.
We had a wonderful time...The actors' performances were very good and extremely realistic...The plot was great and kept us guessing the whole time and the final outcome was superb. The venue was great along with the accommodation and the catering. We've already began to tell our friends and colleagues and shall be recommending your company.